If you run a very small business you should choose an accounting system that runs in the cloud. It will be much easier to manage – they will keep it up-to-date for you.
The problem is – there are quite a few choices, including:
- Bright Books
- Clear Books
Which one to pick? It depends:
- are you a start-up or a growing business?
- do you sell products? or services?
- are you a retailer or do you sell to other businesses?
- how fast is your business growing?
- how important is stock control?
- how much do you want your accountant to do for you?
- will it help if your accounting is integrated with:
- invoice factoring
- customer relationship management
- project management
- receipt processing
- email marketing
- If you are a freelancer selling your services, pick Freeagent.
- if you and your accountant are traditional types who feel comfortable with paper, pick Kashflow
- If you are a start-up with no money to spare, pick Brightbooks or Clear Books.
- If you are a fast-growing business and will soon have more than ten employees, pick Xero